About the amazing Thrive Programme
An effective cure for vaginismus
The Thrive Programme is a unique, highly effective and life changing training programme that helps you to understand yourself, your beliefs and your thinking that is causing the vaginismus. You will discover how such factors as self belief/esteem and unhelpful control issues play a huge part in the creation and maintenance of vaginismus. After just six weekly sessions, you will learn how to think differently, feel back in control and cure vaginismus!
From the many vaginismus clients I have worked with, most have already tried various treatment options – whether it’s pelvic floor exercises, using vaginal trainers/dilators or psychosexual therapy – to little or no avail. Most interventions try to provide a purely physical solution to the problem. They do not help women to overcome the psychological or emotional aspects that cause symptom – which is vital. Any treatment of vaginismus that does not address these components is unlikely to be successful in the long term.
Some of the essential personal insights you will learn from the programme:
• How you create vaginismus and other and anxieties – and how to free yourself of them.
• What is REALLY causing your vaginismus (Hint: it’s probably not what you’ve always believed).
• How to feel back in control of your mind and your body.
• The unhelpful cycle of behaviour that causes vaginismus – and how to change it.
• Why vaginismus sufferers tend to be overthinkers, worriers and perfectionists!
• What makes you tick, what limiting beliefs you may have, and the specific ‘thinking styles’ you adopt.
• How to strenghten your ‘Psychological Foundations’ that dictate your life: Self esteem and sense of control.
• How your self-esteem can be changed in just two weeks, and the huge knock-on effect this will have upon you.
• How to banish Social Anxiety and feel much more confident around others – including your partner.
• How to regain power and control in your life. Learn how your unhelpful desire for control means you overthink or avoid situations…and how to change that.
“Every penny spent and every minute spent was worth it and I will continue referring to Thrive for the rest of my life. Meeting with Cara and taking part in the THRIVE programme has really made me learn much more about myself, things I never knew before. I now feel like I can overcome anything. Thank you SO much for all of your help Cara, I feel like a little butterfly let loose!“
The Thrive Programme: At a glance
- A six-session, easy to follow training programme that equips you with all the insights, skills and resources you need in order to overcome vaginismus and Thrive in your life.
- Unique and revolutionary – it is completely different to any other intervention available, including cognitive behavioural therapy, counselling, psycho-sexual therapy, psychotherapy or hypnotherapy.
- One-to-one weekly sessions provide you with amazing personal insight, allowing you to totally change any limiting belief systems that are adversely affecting your life. You will discover what styles of thinking are causing you problems: Do you overthink things? Are you a perfectionist? Do you usually anticipate the worst case scenario? You will learn what a huge part your imagination plays in both causing and resolving vaginismus.
How long is the programme?
The programme consists of six sessions, with an additional follow-up support if required.
What is the price of the programme?
A course of Thrive is £795. This includes:
- The Thrive Programme workbook and Thrive Journal
- Complementary initial consultation
- 6 sessions (approx 75 minutes each)
- Access to pages to the forthcoming ‘Thrive for Vaginismus’ book which contains invaluable insights into the condition
- Additional hand-outs, diagrams, to help you understand how you create and can overcome vaginismus
- Access to our revolutionary online assessments which provide essential insight into your beliefs and thinking
- Helpful and fascinating support videos throughout the programme to enhance your learning
- Additional support in between sessions via email or phone
- Follow-up support after completion
About Rob Kelly, Creator of Thrive
This unique programme has been developed by renowned psychotherapist and lecturer Rob Kelly.
His experiences and research have led to an exceptional level of understanding of people’s problems, symptoms and anxieties. This training course is the culmination of his 25 years in clinical practice. Having treated thousands of people, Rob consolidated his research and practical experience to write ‘The Thrive Programme’, now a series of six books.
Who is suitable for The Thrive Programme?
It doesn’t matter if you’ve suffered with vaginismus for 50 years or 5 months, anybody who is capable of understanding and applying the programme can cure vaginismus.
What is the effort I need to put in?
Alongside our sessions you will be required to read the Thrive Programme workbook – a fascinating and interactive book where you discover all about YOU. Ensure you apply your knowledge from our sessions and the book to your everyday life as much as possible.
Throughout the programme you will be given specific exercises/tasks to complete in between sessions. These will be tailored to apply to your own personal experience and degree of vaginismus.
It sounds too good to be true! Will it really cure my vaginismus?
The results from The Thrive Programme directly reflect the effort you put into the process. Ulimately, YOU are the only person who can change you. My job is to teach you everything you need to know about overcoming vaginismus and thriving. Your responsibility is to apply what you learn in between sessions. Anyone who applies the programme correctly WILL always hugely benefit from it and overcome vaginismus. Thrive will not work for people who are looking for a magical quick fix or for someone else to cure them.
How is Thrive Programme different to Psychosexual Therapy or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
Unlike Psychosexual Therapy or CBT, Thrive doesn’t just focus upon giving you some isolated insights, tools and techniques to cope with or reduce your anxiety. These approaches are ‘fire-fighting’ – trying to control or reduce the anxiety AFTER we have created it by our thinking. Often people tire quickly of having to maintain this level of effort of fending of negative thoughts.
Likewise, the value of dilators is often limited because they only tackle vaginismus on a purely physical level. Unless their use is accompanied by helpful cognitive processes, their success is often limited.
The Thrive Programme gives you the unique insight to understand the component parts of your thinking and beliefs that are causing the vaginismus – rather than just trying to combat the end result of muscular clenching. The Programme will teach you how to create strong psychological foundations, and overcoming vaginsimus is just a part of that.
How is The Thrive Programme different to counselling?
Counselling can be beneficial by allowing a client to off-load or talk through a problem. This is particularly useful if that person is unable to talk to friends or family. However, the disadvantage of counselling can be that you may find yourself going over old ground, dredging up past hurts and negative experiences but with no resolution or change of perspective.
This can be particularly the case with counselling that is focussed on our childhoods. A recent client of mine had been told by her counsellor that her vaginismus was caused by the emotional response to her father dying when she was ten years old. This isn’t just disempowering….it’s just plain not true!
Very often, when we feel unhappy with ourselves or our lives in the here and now but feel powerless to make changes, we look back to their past in the hope of resolving our current problems. However, just by being able to trace back in time to when a problem or anxiety first occurred, doesn’t necessarily mean that you feel empowered to overcome problems or change your life now.
With Thrive, the focus is upon your beliefs and thoughts TODAY, regardless of how they may have been created in the past. Which is great because we can’t change the past! With vaginismus specifically, Thrive focuses on your current unhelpful thoughts and beliefs about penetration that are creating the anxiety and tension NOW.
Note: Occasionally, sexual pain does result from a physical or medical cause. If you suspect this could be the case, this should be diagnosed by your GP before consulting for help.
Free Initial Consultation
It is perfectly natural that you may have questions about The Thrive Programme. To arrange a free consultation or to book an appointment call 07740 781 573
If I’m with a client, you can leave a confidential message on my answerphone and I will return your call as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org